Low calorie indian cooking - Calibrate cooking thermometer - Healthiest cooking methods.
Low Calorie Indian Cooking
- Indian cuisine is characterized by the use of various spices, herbs and other vegetables, and sometimes fruits grown in India and also for the widespread practice of vegetarianism in Indian society. Each family of Indian cuisine includes a wide assortment of dishes and cooking techniques.
- Calorie restriction, or caloric restriction (CR), is a dietary regimen that restricts calorie intake, where the baseline for the restriction varies, usually being the previous, unrestricted, intake of the subjects.
- less than 40 calories per serving (check that serving size, many times the manufacturer will reduce the serving size to an unreasonable sized serving in order to claim their product is “low-calorie”
- Low-calorie jerky products are those containing 80 grams of calories or less per serving size. The Jerky.com homepage features a section of products that fall into this category.
tagged by ardentcurse & ava111sk
1. I totally suck at these list things because I'm not that interesting and never really know what to say....
2. I'm totally insecure about just about every aspect in my life from my looks to my friendships.
3. I was raised by my mother with my three sisters, of which I am the 2nd. We were extremely poor and sometimes only had rice and tomatoes that my mother canned, to eat. Needless to say, I do not like cooked tomatoes.
4. I went to 5 high schools which was awful because I never made those close friendships, nor did I get to enjoy the things you are supposed to during that time in your life.
5. I try to be positive but always come off as negative... :(
6. I like vodka. I used to drink red wine but switched to vodka two months ago...I think the wine was making me chubby and vodka is lower in calories! :)
7. I quit smoking 2 years ago and am very proud of myself.
8. I have a HOT husband (13 years) that I'm totally in love with...got lucky.
9. I love Summer....I hate Winter.
10. Trent Reznor is my Free Pass....!!! *purr*
11. I always sit "indian-style" -- "criss cross applesauce"....except when wearing a skirt, sewing or driving, obviously!! I'm not comfortable with my feet flat on the floor...ugh!!
12. I hate getting older....I want to be eternally 25!! I do not act my age!!!
13. I have two daughters ages 14 and 8...and am guardian (just recently) to my 4yo great-niece.
14. I can teach myself to do anything!!!
15. I'm terrified of flying but will do it when it's necessary or is very important to me.
16. I get road rage.....because I HAVE PLACES TO GET TO AND THEY LET JUST ABOUT ANY MORON DRIVE THESE DAYS!!!!! XD jajajaja
17. I "laugh" in spanish (jajaja) because I used to see "jajaja" here on flickr and would read it with a hard 'J' sound like in -Jelly...then I realized it was spanish and the 'J' sounds like an 'H' in english....in English is HAHAHA, in Spanish it's JAJAJA!!! I'm not making fun of anyone but myself.
18. My husband has always called me Kook...he has NEVER called me Chris, babe, sweetie, honey, sugar, darling...just Kook. :)
19. Warren Dunes States Park on Lake Michigan is my favorite place in the world. It pisses me off that our beaches are never included in The Travel Channels best beaches shows...I guess because it's fresh water. But hey...no jelly fish, no sharks, no kelp, no salty grungy feeling after swimming, just beautiful water, sand, dunes!!! <3 <3 <3
20. uhhhmmmmmmmm....I'm stuck on number 20....uhhmmmmmmmmm...
21. Vocally, I'm a tenor...which I just found out...I always thought I was an Alto...but no...I've a much lower voice.
22. I never had a honeymoon and can't wait for the day when my husband and I can take a vacation somewhere exotic, just the two of us, with no kids anywhere...Srsly!!!
23. I'm a fantastic cook!!
24. I look just like my mom!! Of all my sisters, I'm the one that resembles her the most.
25. If I see a guy with his pants around his thighs I let him know that I can see his underwear.... Idiots. *rolls eyes*
Half-Plate Healthy: Caprese Salad and Indian Chichi over CousCous
I have just fallen in love with Indian food. It's low in calories, fat, and sodium (depending on the brand). Best of all, it's easy! Here is my variation of mixing in some half-plate healthy.
For the Ensalda Caprese:
1 fresh Roma tomato
2 fresh, full leafs of basil
1/4 mozzarella ball
For the Indian ChiChis and CousCous:
1/2 cup Indian sauce (any sauce, any brand like Patak's)
1/4-1/2 cup Chichi beans
1 cup wheat couscous (I prefer Basmati Rice, but used CousCous instead for this meal)
Pretty easy: Start cooking the couscous according to the directions on the package. Once you are at the stage when you add the couscous to the boiling water, begin heating the sauce and chichi beans in another small pan (It will take about 10 minutes for the sauce and chichi beans to heat/cook).
While the coucous is absorbing the water, and the sauce and beans are cooking, begin to slice your tomato into 5 slices. slice your basil into 5 pieces, and slice 5 thin pieces of mozzarella.
Grab a plate. On one side of the plate, arrange your Ensalda Caprese, weaving the tomato, then basil, then mozzarella over and over. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
Place your 1 cup of couscous on the other side of the plate. Spread the sauce and chichi beans over the couscous.
cooking measurement conversions chart
cooking classes kansas city area
cooking classes india
cooking eggs in the oven
aion cooking guide
cooking programs for kids
cooking fishing leveling guide
white wine substitute cooking
Post a comment
| HOME |
Author:baked chicken cooking times
Welcome to FC2!
- BAKED CHICKEN COOKING TIMES : COOKING TIMES (11/07)
- BETTER HOME COOKING. HOME COOKING (11/07)
- COOKING CARROTS IN THE OVEN : COOKING CARROTS IN (11/07)
- COOKING EGGPLANTS : EGGPLANTS (11/07)
- COOKING HERBS AND THEIR USES. AND THEIR USES (11/07)
- COOKING PORK TENDERLOIN ON THE GRILL - COOKING PORK TENDERLO (11/07)
- COOKING PROJECTS FOR CHILDREN - FOR CHILDREN (11/07)
- COOKING SCHOOLS IN AUSTIN TEXAS - COOKING SCHOOLS IN (11/07)
- COOKING TIMES FOR CHICKENS. COOKING TIMES (11/07)
- COOKING TURKEY IN ROASTER. IN ROASTER (11/07)
- FLORA COOKING : FLORA (11/07)
- LOW CALORIE INDIAN COOKING - LOW CALORIE (11/07)
- MEASURING CUPS COOKING - CUPS COOKING (11/07)
- MEASURING UNITS FOR COOKING. FOR COOKING (11/07)
- MOROCCAN COOKING SPICES - MOROCCAN COOKING (11/07)
- NATIVE AMERICANS COOKING. AMERICANS COOKING (11/07)
- WOOD COOKING PELLETS. COOKING PELLETS (11/07)